ArcGIS is now available for download and installation on GWU-affiliated personal computers. An official GW NetID and password is required to access the network either through GWireless or SSL or remote VPN access.
Installing ArcGIS for Windows
1. Click the "download" link above. You will be redirected to GWU Box-- log in with your GW NetID and password.
2. Right click on the folder labeled "ArcGIS" and then click "Download".
3. When the folder is finished downloading, unzip the folder to your desktop, open the folder labeled "SetupFiles", right click on the Windows Installer file labeled "setup", and then click "Install".
4. Click "Next" and accept the license agreement.
5. Choose the "Complete" setup type and choose where to install the application-- also choose where to install Python, if applicable.
6. Click "Install" and launch the program upon completion.
If you have any questions regarding the installation process or connecting to the license server, please contact us.