Student Org Leaders,
We appreciate your patience and understanding at this time as we navigate the impact of GW’s COVOID-19 preventative measures. We would like to provide further critical updates to you all as student leaders moving forward. Please read this email in its entirety for more information on how to prepare for and approach these next few weeks as student org leaders, as it contains information on:
- Registration and ELS requirements
- Spring 2020 semester event cancellations
- Spring 2020 spending requests
- FY21 Annual Allocations
Student Org Registration & ELS Requirements
If you are able to, we ask that you please follow the existing deadlines for registering your organization (Thursday, March 26 by 12:00 pm) and completing your five ELS credit requirements (Wednesday, March 25 by midnight). The org registration process is fully online via Engage, and all ELS sessions remaining on the schedule are being offered online (find instructions for accessing online sessions by clicking individual sessions in the ELS schedule). Please check your org’s recorded ELS progress online. If you believe your org has completed more ELS sessions than are recorded online, contact us at [email protected] with the name of your organization, the name of the sessions attended, and the name of the student(s) who attended said sessions.
Spring Semester 2020 Student Org Spending & Events
As communicated in previous emails, all student organization activities and events scheduled for the spring 2020 semester are cancelled. At this time, no spending requests for events-based purchases will be approved for FY20.
Please read through this document for more information on spending changes and FAQs on student org spending.
FY21 Annual Allocation Requests
The deadline to submit budget requests for 2020-2021 annual budget allocations from the Student Association Finance Committee remains Friday, April 10 at 12:00 pm. Information on how to submit a budget request can be found in the Budget Submission Guide.
The SA Finance Committee's PowerPoint contains the most up-to-date information and is a great resource to consult as you work with your organization members to submit your request. Of particular relevance to the budgetary process are slides 11-18, 21-23, and 27-28. We also recommend reviewing the financial bylaws.
Important points to remember when submitting a budget:
- Make sure to be submitting under FY21 to be considered for this year’s allocations
- No description yields no allocation! Please thoroughly describe each line item within your budget and how it meets the Committee's tiered criteria. Line items with no description will not be funded.
- When adding line items, we strongly encourage you to input line items in priority order.
- Organizations cannot apply for food during general allocations unless they are cultural/ethnic/religious organizations requesting funding for relevant cultural/ethnic/religious food for relevant cultural/ethnic/religious events.
If you have any remaining questions or concerns regarding this or other student organization information, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected] Again, we want to thank you for your patience and understanding given the circumstances. We wish you all a happy and healthy spring break and remaining spring semester!
GW Office of Student Life